About Superior Stangs
We are a club of Mustang enthusiasts located strictly in Washington State and Oregon. By limiting the area of our club we are able to connect more closely with other members whether it be for shows, cruises, or just an extra hand around the shop. Being able to meet and connect with other enthusiasts is our goal. By joining this forum you are now a member of our club. It is now up to you how active you wish to be. Some members only wish to use the forum to talk about cars, and that is fine. Others may choose to attend meets and cruises or even go as far as putting Superior Stangs decals on their cars. That is also fine. It's really up to you. Welcome to the club.
This forum is a lightly moderated forum. In certain areas of the forum you may encounter curse words (which you do have the option to censor in your user panel) and opinions that you may disagree with. If you understand this and wish to continue on please take the time to read the following rules. Violations of the rules will be subject to administrative decisions that can include, or lead up to a ban, either temporary or permanent. Since banning is the last thing we would like to happen, we will also make use of a feature described below.
1. User Warning System - Mods/Admins will issue a user in violation of the set rules a warning that is on a points scale (amount of points distributed at the discretion of mod/admin issuing warning). Once a user meets a certain point level, they will lose their ability to post until their point level dips back below that threshold.
User Moderation Options:
1. User Ignore Feature - Ability to "ignore" posts made by certain users.
2. Censored Words - Foul language is replaced with ******.
1. You must be located in Washington or Oregon. You live in Syria, you are getting booted.
2. Just because cursing is allowed, please use some self control. Just because you can, doesn't mean you need to in every sentence.
3. Though disagreements may happen, blatant attacks or threats towards other members will not be tolerated.
4. No nudity in the public forums.
5. Bigotry and Racist comments will not be tolerated.
6. Limit all thread derailments to "The Pub" and "Battle Royal".
7. Recognize internet sarcasm.
8. Do not create multiple accounts.
9. Respect the staff. If a mod tells you you're out of line, you have two options: take it down a notch or find the door. If you have a question on administrative actions, please utilize the Personal Message feature.
10. Superior Stangs does not condone illegal activities on the public highways. If members wish to discuss "street racing" they do so at their own accord. If you choose to represent our club please be mindful of others on the road. And if you sport our logo on your car and pull some stuff like these jackasses, you won't be here very long. ;)
11. Defamatory comments about another member or about the site will NOT be tolerated. Comments like “f*ck you” or “you’re a piece of sh*t” are NOT okay. If something is questionable, Moderators and Administrators will always give the benefit of the doubt. Your comments must be overtly degrading or defamatory in order for them to be removed.
12. Keep the "smack talk" to the appropriate place (Battle Royal).
13. Trolling - Continued attacks and snide remarks made to get a negative reaction from other members.
Notice how I said "continued". Lets face it. This is the internet. Sometimes things may be taken out of context and someone will have a negative reaction to something you post. Is it your responsibility to foresee every members reaction to your posts? Hell no. But it is your responsibility to realize when you have stepped on toes and withdraw from the situation. It's when the member continues to press an issue, make snide remarks and belittle other members that we consider you to be "trolling". Any actions that are perceived as trolling will be discussed by the staff and disciplinary action will be decided and acted upon as a staff.
1. Everything in the members section above.
2. STAY IMPARTIAL.
3. When issuing ANY warning/ban/content deletion, give the user a clear reason why.
4. Do not change ANY user account settings without the user requesting a change.
5. Let things go. We are all adults. If there is a disagreement, let them hash it out in the appropriate place.
6. Porn and Spam get a hard delete, everything else gets a soft delete.
7. DELETING CONTENT/BANNING IS A LAST RESORT.
8. Don't charge **** to my debit card without me knowing. ;)
Forum Specific Moderation:
The Pub - Light Moderation - If arguments get out of hand, move threads to BR. If user asks to keep threads on subject, help clean derails. Cursing OK, except bigotted/racist remarks (kidding or not). No pornographic material.
Battle Royal - Anything goes, less racist/bigoted comments and Pornographic material. User must request admission.
The Club - If user asks to keep threads on subject, help clean derails. Cursing OK, except bigoted/racist remarks (kidding or not). Only area of the forum allowed to show anything that may be deemed as pornographic. User must request admission.
ALL OTHER FORUMS - NO THREAD DERAILS. Cursing OK, except bigoted/racist remarks (kidding or not). No pornographic material.